PPT's focus is on children and young people's opportunities for good development in kindergartens and schools. PPT has a special responsibility for helping kindergartens and schools to facilitate children / pupils with special needs. It also has responsibility for adults with the right to primary education. PPT is responsible for preparing an expert assessment(Sakkyndig vurdering) where the law requires it.
- special education help / special education
- advanced or delayed school start
- completely or partially exempt from the education obligation
- need for sign language learning
- need for braille training for blind and visually impaired children / students
All services are free.
If you click on the links above you will find:
- Contact information for PPT in english
- Animation films about service offers and rights for minority families with children that have disabilities, in Norwegian, English, Urdu, Somali and Arabic made by the Norwegian Ministry of Children, Youth and Family Affairs (Bufdir).
- Information about PPT in 15 languages, written by The Directorate of Education. Here you will find information about PPT (pedagogical-psychological service), in 15 languages:
- Arabic, English, French, Lule Sami, Northern Sami, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Russian, Somali, Sorani, South Sami, Turkish, Urdu and Vietnamese.
- information about how to translate our webpages into your language.